Users vary of making upfront investments in procuring perpetual licenses can opt for a software subscription. Details are as follows:
- Users can deploy and use software in their environments during the period of contract and pay only for the duration for which the software has been in use.
- The contract duration can be annual or 3 years as per requirements.
- Payment for subscription charge is made for duration of use of the software and can be made available as per agreed terms of the contract.
- This option is available only for the Volume based licensing mechanism.
- Users can choose the below options:
- Subscribe on an actual pay per use where billing will be done on actual volume of logs ingested during the month.
- Subscribe for a specific volume of logs ingested per month measured in GB per month or TB per month as the maximum allowable usage.
- Subscribe for a base slab of logs as minimum usage and pay variable charges for usage beyond this minimum capacity as variable bill.
- The subscription charges include technical support for the product as per the support plan and updates and upgrades on the product.
- Subscription charges do not include any operational or administration activities done on the product during its use in the organization.
- Software subscription period starts from the date installation of software in the infrastructure provided.