Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings companies and customers together.
Salesforce connector pulls the event monitoring data that contains information useful for assessing organisation usage trends and user behavior.
Connectivity with salesforce API using valid credentials
- Consumer key
- Consumer secret
- Security token
- Instance URL
Steps to create credentials
Obtain a Salesforce Developer Edition Organization. Refer: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/quicksta rt_dev_org.htm
Set Up Authorization. Refer:
From this we get Consumer Key, Consumer Secret.
- Get security token
- In the Personal Setup, expand My Personal Information, and then click Reset My Security Token.
* Login to Salesforce using the Salesforce account to be used by the connector.
* In the User Menu, select Setup.
* In the menu on the left, under Personal Setup, expand My Personal Information, and then click Reset My Security Token.
The following are the configurations to forward Salesforce logs to DNIF.
|Connector Name||Enter a connector name|
|Connector Type||Enter salesforce_connector|
|Instance URL||Enter salesforce instance URL|
|Salesforce User||Enter salesforce username|
|Salesforce User Password||Enter salesforce user password|
|Consumer key||Enter salesforce Consumer key|
|Consumer secret||Enter salesforce Consumer secret|
|Security Token||Enter salesforce Security Token|
- Click Save after entering all the required details and click Test Connection, to test the configuration.
- A Connection successful message will be displayed on screen along with the time stamp.
- If the connection is not successful an error message will be displayed. Refer Troubleshooting Connector Validations for more details on the error message.