Migration from PICO v6 to PICO v9.1.0 for On-Premise Deployment
This document includes all the detailed procedures to migrate from PICO v6 to PICO v9.1.0 on premise Deployment. With the latest DNIF v9.1.0, PICO has also been upgraded to PICO V9.1.0 with several enhancements over the legacy PICO v6 including but not limited to remote management and support for multiple connectors.
- The details in this document are not applicable to users migrating from on-premise to DNIF Cloud.
- The details in this document are relevant only for DNIF on-premise users upgrading from v9.0.7 to v9.1.0.
- PICO v8.7.1.nightly version is the only backward compatible version with DNIF v9.1.0, no other PICO version can be used with DNIF v9.1.0.
Follow the steps below to migrate from PICO v6 to PICO v9.1.0
- Upgrade DNIF deployment from v9.0.7 to v9.1.0.
- On upgrade, existing PICO Connectors will be updated as PICO Legacy Connectors. PICO legacy connectors will continue to collect logs from existing PICO v6. Restart the native forwarders in case connection was broken during Adapter upgrade.
- Configure a PICO connector on a separate port other than 7426 since that is already being used by PICO v6 for data forwarding.
- Replace PICO v6 installations one at a time to PICO v9.1.0. Click here for information on how to install PICO v9.1.0 and click here for information on how to onboard PICO as a component and perform initial configuration.
- The PICO Legacy connector is used to maintain backward compatibility with PICO v6.
- PICO v9.1.0 is not compatible with DNIF v9.0.7.
- DNIF v9.0.7 can only receive data from PICO v6
- PICO v9.1.0 is not compatible with DNIF v9.0.7 and older.
This document does not apply to v9.1.0 fresh installations and it is not recommended to set up a PICO Legacy Connector with a fresh v9.1.0 installation.