Imports your Google Workspace logs into DNIF. Upon enabling this integration, the connector uses the pull method to fetch logs from Google Workspace Report API
- Google Workspace User privileges
The user account only needs to have a role with Reports privilege to collect logs.
Create a Service Account
- Go to your Google Workspace domain’s Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console and sign in with the User.
- If you haven't used the Console before, agree to the Terms of Service and click Create Project.
- Enter a project name and click Create.
- Once the project is created, ensure the Project is selected.
- Click Menu on the top-left corner of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console.
- Click IAM & Admin > Service accounts.
- Click +CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT and enter Service Account Name and Service Account Description details, click CREATE.
Grant Service Account Access to Project
- Click Select a Role dropdown.
- Under All Roles select Project and assign Viewer role.
- Click CONTINUE and proceed.
- Click Done
- Under Actions click ellipses corresponding to the required service account and select Manage Keys.
- Click Add Key dropdown and then select Create new key.
- Ensure that the key type is selected as JSON, click Create.
- A message pops up displaying
Private Key saved to your computer
Ensure you save the private key downloded.
- Click Close, the private is downloaded.
Enable APIs for the service account
- In the top-left corner of the Admin console, click Menu -> APIs & Services -> Library.
- Search for Admin SDK API and click ENABLE
Enable API permissions within Google Workspace By Super Admin
- Sign in as the Administrator of the Google Workspace domain (Super Admin).
- From your Google Workspace domain’s Admin console, go to the Main menu > Security > API Controls.
- In the Domain wide delegation pane, select Manage Domain Wide Delegation.
- Click Add New. In the Client ID field, enter the service account's Client ID. You can find your service account's client ID in the json file that was downloaded earlier.
- In One or More API Scopes field enter the list of scopes that your application should be granted access to. In this case, add “https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.reports.audit.readonly”
- Click Authorize.
- In the Admin Console Home page, naviagte to Security -> API Reference.
- Ensure that Enable API access box is selected, click Save. The API has been successfully enabled.
The following are the configurations to forward Google Workspace Connector logs to DNIF.
|Connector Name||Enter a name for the connector|
|Connector Type||Enter Google Workspace connector|
|Log Types||Select the log types provided by google like admin, login, calendar, chat, meet, etc.|
|Domain Admin User ID||Super administrator account’s User ID|
|Credentials File||Enter the details from credentials.json file, which is downloaded while configuring the reports API|
- Click Save after entering all the required details and click Test Connection, to test the configuration.
- A Connection successful message will be displayed on screen along with the time stamp.
- If the connection is not successful an error message will be displayed. Refer Troubleshooting Connector Validations for more details on the error message.