The FireEye appliance detects stealthy web, file, or email-based malware that uses malicious techniques to exploit client browsers, operating systems, emails and applications.
Configure to send logs in CEF format:
Log into the FireEye appliance with an administrator account
- Click Settings > Notifications > rsyslog
- Check the “Event type” check box
- Ensure Rsyslog settings are as follows:
- Default format: CEF
- Default delivery: Per event
- Default send as: Alert
- Next to the Add Rsyslog Server button, enter DNIF and then click Add Rsyslog Server
- Enter the IP address of the DNIF Adapter in the IP Address field and click Update.
- From the drop-down list, select UDP to connect to the DNIF Adapter server.
Now you can test the sending and receiving of notifications on the same FireEye Notifications
page by clicking the Test-Fire button at the bottom. Flip back over to the DNIF console and
check out the raw event data.